(Published in the Lake Country Echo and Pine River Journal, July 5, 12, 19, 2012, 3t.)
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF CROW WING
IN DISTRICT COURT NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No. 18-CV-12-654
Claudette Starr and Lakes State Bank
in Pequot Lakes, MN, Plaintiffs,
Stewart Title Guaranty Company,
Centennial Mortgage & Funding, Inc.,
Maximum Title Services, LLC, Mortgage Electronic
Registration Systems, Inc. (MERS), Federal National
Mortgage Association, Riverwood Bank, Terrance L. Oddson,
Marilyn D. Oddson, Robert C. Jacobs, also the unknown
heirs and all other persons Unknown claiming any right,
title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate
described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs' Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
123 Third Avenue East, Suite 600, Alexandria, Minnesota 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs' Complaint. In your Answer, you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Crow Wing County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Tract B - The North Half of the Northeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter (N1/2NE1/4SW1/4) EXCEPT the East 330.00 feet and EXCEPT the South 330.00 feet and EXCEPT the West 330.00 feet thereof, Section Twenty-three (23), Township One Hundred Thirty-seven (137) North, Range Twenty-eight (28) West, Minnesota (hereinafter referred to as Tract B).
Dated: March 6, 2012
PEMBERTON, SORLIE, RUFER
& KERSHNER, P.L.L.P.
Nicholas J. Heydt No. 0327864
123 Third Avenue East, Suite 600
Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
ATTORNEYS FOR PLAINTIFFS
pineandlakes.com ©2013. All Rights Reserved.