On April 12 this year, three teenage boys skipped school and were horsing around on the Paul Bunyan Trail, playing with fire. There was a strong northeast wind and, as you know just how dry it was, they thought they had stomped it out, but it takes just a spark to start a fire.
And it did! A large portion of the vacant area at Evergreen caught on fire and we lost more than 20 beautiful pine trees, including a huge section of the trail buffers.
If it had been 100 yards down the trail, the heavy wooded area would have caught fire and four homes would have been destroyed (way over a million dollars).
The lesson is, don't play with fire and don't skip school.
Don C. Seaberg,
President of Evergreen Townhomes
pineandlakes.com ©2013. All Rights Reserved.