• Snow Shoeing: Monday, Feb. 10, 3:15 p.m., 3rd through 12th grade students meet at PR-B Commons Door 17 and will snow shoe on school grounds. Limit is 20 kids. Class will be cancelled in the event of a storm or extreme cold. Kids must have appropriate winter gear, only snowshoes supplied. We will play games/races on our snow shoes. Free snacks available in commons after school. Dress appropriately for outdoor weather activities. Class is free.
• Archery: (5-8th Grade) Tuesday, Feb. 11, 6 p.m., Elementary Odyssey Lab, Fee: $10. Join this activity to learn the basics of archery and get some indoor practice this winter. The elementary gym will transform into an archery range. Please indicate right or left-handed so we can be sure to outfit each participant. Potentially running twp classes, a beginners’ class (for those who have not shot a compound bow) and an advanced class (for those who own their own bow and have prior instruction and experience). The first night will be in the classroom going over rules, archery terms and safety. This will be a hands-on class with several sessions. You must pre-register. Practice schedule will be discussed at first class. Instructor is Kraig King, Certified DNR Instructor.
• Bread Baking Basics: Tuesday, Feb 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in High School room 49. Fee: $5. Learn the basics of making yeast bread. Once you know the basics, there are so many recipes you can use to make bread to your heart’s content (and your stomach)! Instructor is Barb Mann.
• Bedazzling Bead Fun #2: Feb. 13, 3-5:15 p.m. Fee $5. Did you have fun with the beading creations last time? Come back and create more! Instructor will be Amber.
• Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child: Note date change to Feb. 22, 1-3 p.m. Fee: $10. If you are a parent who wants to think proactively about your child’s health this class is for you. Essential oils are a safe and sound way to treat everything from diaper rash to self esteem. In this class you will learn how to make many home remedies to ease childhood illness symptoms, and receive samples, recipes and hands on learning. Class will meet at Stone Woman Herbals in Pine River.
Registrations for all classes are available online at prbschool.revtrak.net or mail form to Community Ed, P.O. Box 610 Pine River, MN. 56474. For more information call 218-587-2080.