The Emily City Council appointed Christa Andrews as city clerk/treasurer at its Oct. 8 regular monthly meeting.
Andrews will begin Nov. 1. Current clerk/treasurer Patricia Kestner will train her until Dec. 31.
In other business Oct. 8, the council:
• Presented Bob Swanson with a plaque in appreciation of his three years of service to planning and zoning and his five years as a council member.
• Learned that the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Department and Emily Police Department are working together on a narcotics investigation and to stop a recent rash of burglaries in Emily and other nearby communities.
• Approved hydro testing for SCBAs at a cost of $1,100. The testing is required every five years.
• Briefly discussed a road project for 2014 involving Robinson, Blue Lane East, Blue Lane West and Anna Drive, West Trout Avenue, Bloomquist Drive, Dahler Avenue and Trout Avenue.
• Heard that Heidi Peper of Short Elliott Hendrickson will work with the Park Commission to apply for grants for a trail system within the city.
• Approved a 25-year lease agreement for the Emily Emergency Food Shelf for the use of the former Unity Bank Building.
• Approved liquor licenses for Granny’s, Barrett’s Log Cabin, Bungalow and Redding’s Off-Sale.