Emily City Hall & Community Center is the name of the remodeled city hall, according to unapproved draft minutes of the Tuesday, March 12, Emily City Council meeting.
An open house will be held the first weekend of May. The city is seeking donations to offset costs.
The council also made decisions regarding the use of the former city hall, deciding the Emily Food Shelf will not need to pay for sewer service at the old city hall. In addition, two groups were given permission to use a portion of the building during Emily Day. The two groups are the Celebrate Emily Day Committee and the local first response unit. The committee was also given permission to use the city clerk’s office in the old building.
In other business, the council:
• Approved purchase of eight lime green utility vests at a cost of $339.92.
• Approved Cassandra Barrett’s membership with the first response unit pending background check, physical and drug testing.
• Approved advertisement of need for a police chief. Police Chief Bernhjelm gave notice of his retirement at the Feb. 12 meeting, effective in May.
• Approved OSHA training for the Maintenance Department through the Crow Wing County Highway Department.
• Approved a gambling license for Over Hills Gang ATV Club at Granny’s Bar & Grill on June 1 for a raffle.
• Supported the reinstatement of funding for the Kitchigami Regional Library System associate libraries in Crosslake and Pequot Lakes.