A couple of weeks ago I received an email with recipes to make breakfast bars. I originally thought that making some of these tasty looking bars would be a good idea. But after looking at the large list of ingredients and the time it took to make the bars, I decided it was probably cheaper and less time consuming to just keep buying breakfast bars at the grocery store.
I am a person that likes breakfast; no matter if it is cereal, eggs, French toast or pancakes. That being said, I am also a person that does not like to spend a lot of time making breakfast.
Of course, cereal, either hot or cold is about the easiest way to make a quick breakfast. Despite the fact there are hundreds of varieties of cereal out there, I do get tired of eating cereal, no matter if it is a cold cereal with milk or a hot dish of oatmeal.
So I went online and starting searching for some new and easy breakfast recipes. One of the websites I ended up at was the American Egg Board’s www.incredibleegg.org. As I wondered about the site I found the Eggcellent quiz. I knew a few things on the quiz, but I have to admit, I really didn’t know much about eggs. Here are a few fun egg facts:
• There are 13 nutrients in one egg.
• You can NOT cook an egg in its shell in the microwave. (This one I actually learned a few years ago when a co-worker tried to do this.)
• Eggs contain Choline, which is essential to healthy fetal development.
• A large egg contains about 70 calories.
• There are 6 grams of protein contained in one egg.
• “The Incredible Edible Egg” slogan has been around for more than 30 years.
• A chef’s hat is said to have a pleat for each of the many ways you can cook eggs.
Following are a few recipes I found (and tried) that were on the incredibleegg.org website. For the most part these are fast, easy recipes and you will most likely have most of the ingredients on hand.
If you are a breakfast person you’ll want to try all of these recipes. The nice thing about these recipes is if you have leftovers they heat up well in the microwave. So if you don’t have a lot of people around when you are ambitious enough to make these dishes, just pop them in the refrigerator.
Remember to enjoy the most important meal of the day and happy eating!