History Mystery - December 26 | Pineandlakes.com - Pineandlakes Echo Journal

  • Comment

History Mystery - December 26

Posted: December 23, 2013 - 6:38pm  |  Updated: December 24, 2013 - 1:47pm

Gil and Esther Anderson operated a restaurant in the 1940s where the far parking lot is today east of the post office in Pequot Lakes. It was the gathering place for the locals of the community. The cafe served food, beer and had a soda fountain. There were two slot machines which were illegal to have after Gov. Luther Youngdahl banned them in 1946 during his first as governor. In the photo, Gil and Esther Anderson, left, are shown with three customers at the counter. Do you know the name of the restaurant? Find the answer on page 9. This photo and others are among the many displays at the Pequot Lakes Area Historical Museum located in the lower level of the Cole Memorial Building in Pequot Lakes. Call Karen for an appointment at 568-4808.

PHOTO PROVIDED BY PEQUOT LAKES AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY

  • Comment

CONTACT US

  • PO Box 974 Brainerd, MN
  • Switchboard: 218-829-4705
  • Circulation: 218-855-5897
  • Newsroom: 218-829-0211
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING