• Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 8-4 p.m., Friday’s 8-3 p.m.
• Rolling Over Hunger: Jim Ballenthin is in his last leg of his trip riding 1,600 miles around Lake Superior on his bike to fight hunger. All proceeds raised during his ride will go to support the Pine River Area, Hackensack, Remer, and Longville Food Shelves. The three ways to donate are: www.prbfamilycenter.org; make out a check to the Pine River-Backus Family Center and in the memo section of your check please put: For Rolling Over Hunger, and mail to: Pine River-Backus Family Center, P.O. Box 1, Pine River, MN 56747; 3. https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/prbfamilycenter?code=Rolling+Over+Hunger
Please join us on Thursday, Oct. 10 from 4:30-7 p.m. at the Common Grounds Coffee Shop in Longville, as we celebrate Jim’s return and hear of his quest first-hand.
• Parent Toolkit: Beginning Oct. 1 from 5-6:30 p.m., a Parent’s Toolkit is a parent education program that offers parents a variety of ways to provide guidance, nurturing and discipline techniques for pre-school and elementary age children. Parents, foster parents or grandparents will find this series useful and practical. In order to accommodate busy families, we provide a light supper and childcare. Please contact Karen for more information at 587-4292.
• Pine River Area Food Shelf is open every Tuesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the basement of the First Lutheran Church. Donation of fall produce will greatly be appreciated.
• Hidden Jewels Thrift Store is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for your shopping convenience. We are also in need of volunteers who would like to donate some of their time to helping in our non-profit thrift store. Please see Brenda for more information or call 587-4292.
• MAC/NAPS: Pick up is on Oct. 10 from 2-4 p.m. at the Family Center
• The Family Centers Home Visiting Program: Is this your first pregnancy? Do you have questions about how your pregnancy will go? Do you wish you had a little extra help with your questions around your pregnancy and about upcoming parenting issues you will encounter? If yes, you are in luck. The Family Centers Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for first-time expectant mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child through three years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to all women who are expecting a baby that live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• WIC: Will be at the Family Center on Oct. 2 and 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be here Oct. 24, appointments are still available, call Karen at 587-4292 to get your appointment scheduled. Remember, immunizations can be done at Child & Teen Check-Up.
Family Planning: Is scheduled for Oct. 1, call 877-275-6123 to schedule your appointment.
Working Together Coalition is looking for persons to compete in the Amazing Race more details are available on their website www.workingtogethercoalition.org
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is “Strengthening Families & Building a Stronger Community.” Like us on Facebook or visit our website, www.prbfamilycenter.org.