The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will offer the following 55+ Driver Improvement four-hour refresher courses:
• Sept. 19: 5-9 p.m., Pequot Lakes School.
• Sept. 19: 5:30-9:30 p.m., Crosby-Ironton High School.
• Sept. 20: noon-4 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa.
• Sept. 23: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Emily United Methodist Church, Emily.
• Sept. 27: noon-4 p.m., Pine River State Bank.
The Driver Improvement Course is open to the public; pre-registration is required. A Minnesota Highway Safety & Research Center certified instructor teaches this class.
By using the most up-to-date research in the field, participants will be provided the latest information in regard to driver safety, new laws and vehicle technology.
Fee for the four-hour refresher course is $20. For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
People age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years, according to Minnesota law. First-time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four-hour refresher class every three years to maintain the discount.