Kinship Partners usually has many more boys than girls waiting for mentors.
All of our offices combined have 21 boys on the waiting list and nearly that many girls, with 17 ready to be matched. It is unusual that in the Lakes Office, serving the Pequot Lakes and Pine River-Backus school districts, six of the nine children waiting for mentors are girls.
Here’s a brief sketch of a few of these wonderful young ladies, full of promise and potential, who would enjoy sharing time with nurturing and caring women from our communities.
• KARLIE is a seventh-grader who enjoys arts and crafts, swimming and music.
• EMILY is a fifth-grader who loves animals and enjoys theatre and music.
• KRISTI is a fifth-grader and says she is a tomboy and wants to learn about horses.
• DENA is having a blast in kindergarten and loves to jump rope.
• KIRA is in third grade and is into dance and playing in the snow.
As the days warm toward summer, wouldn’t it be fun to include a girl in need, as you tend your garden, bike the trail, savor an ice cream cone or toss a softball? Kinship Partners serves families in Crow Wing and southern Cass counties and the Staples/Motley area by providing positive role models to youth ages 5 to 14. We have offices in Brainerd, Pequot Lakes, Crosby and Staples.
Spring fun is just around the corner!