The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will offer a 55+ Driver Improvement Course on the following days:
• Jan. 14 and 15, 5:30-9:30 p.m., eight-hour first-time course, Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Baxter.
• Jan. 17 and 18, noon-4 p.m., eight-hour first-time course, Pine River State Bank, Pine River.
• Jan. 26, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., eight-hour first-time course, Mills Ford, Baxter.
• Jan. 28, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., four-hour refresher course, Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa.
• Jan. 29, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., eight-hour first-time course, Pequot Lakes Baptist Church.
The driver improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is requested.
The fee for the four-hour refresher course is $20 and the eight-hour course is $24.
For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
People age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years. First-time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four-hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.