Crow Wing County reminds residents that MNsure is Minnesota’s new, one-stop health insurance marketplace where residents can find and compare health plans, and choose the coverage that fits their needs.
Residents who are not on Medical Assistance can call the State MNsure Contact Center at 855-366-7873 for more information.
Current Medical Assistance recipients do not need to do anything with MNsure right now, said Luke Simonett, Employment and Economic Services Division manager. As long as enrollees continue to meet eligibility rules, they will have the same health care coverage through Medical Assistance, Simonett said.
Current Medical Assistance enrollees will receive a notice during their next renewal in 2014 advising them what steps to take. Until then, recipients are advised to keep following the Medical Assistance rules:
• Continue to report changes within 10 days to your worker.
• When you receive information about renewing your coverage, follow the instructions.
• If you pay a premium, continue to do so. You’ll be informed if the amount changes.
• If you are asked for more information, provide it as quickly as possible.
• Don’t apply for health care through MNsure. You already have coverage.
“As further information becomes available, we will let the public know,” Simonett said.