“A Blooming Success,” 75 years of Garden Show history, was the theme for the 75th annual Garden Show sponsored by the Nisswa Garden Club on Wednesday, July 31, at Lutheran Church of the Cross in Nisswa.
The show boasted 461 total exhibits from 65 exhibitors who received 366 ribbons. Guests numbered 225.
Court of Honor winners included:
• Artistic: first, John Wgeishofski (Floor Arrangement); second, Wgeishofski (Dried Arrangement); third, Wgeishofski (Free Interpretation).
• Horticulture: first, June Zuroski (Orienpet Lily-Conca D’Or variety); second, Michael Sukalski (Dahlia-Dinner Plate variety); third, Zuroski (Papyrus Grass-Princess Variety).
• Hosta: first, Jill Macnamara (Sum and Substance); second, Macnamara (Frosted Mouse Ears); third, Macnamara (Collection of Five Varieties).
• Potted Plants: first, LaMerna Olson (Fuchsia).
• Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs: first, Ervin Reuther (Derby Bush Beans); second, Reuther (Sweet Baby Girl Tomatoes); third, Joan Lofgren (Shady Acres Rosemary).
Viewer’s Choice Awards:
• Artistic: Reuther, Calla Lily Arrangement-Free Interpretation.
• Horticulture: Zuroski, Papyrus Grass-Princess Variety.
Exhibitors who won the most blue ribbons: Macnamara, 30; Geri Seaberg and Janice Bradshaw, 10; Jean Segerstrom and Reuther, nine; Wgeishofski, eight; and Lois Erickson, Zuroski and Dorothy Johnson, five.