The Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts (GLAPA) has been providing the lakes area with a variety of performing arts talent for 30 years after forming in the fall of 1983. The 2013-14 season of performance art is now available for season ticket holders to buy their memberships.
GLAPA members will receive a renewal letter. New GLAPA patrons are encouraged to contact Pequot Lakes Community Education to sign up for a reserved seat for each show in the series.
The GLAPA performance season includes:
• Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m.: Mountain dulcimer and 12-string guitar music by Claudia Schmidt with Dean Magraw.
• Nov. 15-17 and 22-24: Pequot Lakes Community Theatre will present the musical “Oliver!” at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays with season ticket night Saturday, Nov. 16. Music includes “Food, Glorious Food,” “I’d Do Anything,” “Where is Love?” “Consider Yourself,” “As Long As He Needs Me,” “Who Will Buy” and “Reviewing the Situation.”
• Jan. 18, 2014, at 7:30 p.m.: Comedian Mary Mack.
• Feb. 15, 2014, at 7:30 p.m.: Divas Through the Decades, a musical tribute to some of the most influential female vocalists in American pop music, including songs from the ‘40s through today’s current hits.
• March 21-23 and 28-30: Pequot Lakes Community Theatre presents “The Spitfire Grill” at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays with season ticket night Saturday, March 22. This is a Richard Rodgers award-winning show.
• April 12 at 7:30 p.m.: Acoustic guitarist and singer Michael Johnson, who performs “Bluer Than Blue,” “Give Me Wings,” “That’s That,” “This Night Won’t Last Forever” and other landmark songs.
Season passes are $70 for adults, $60 for seniors age 60 and older, and $50 for youth. All performances are held in the Pequot Lakes High School Theater.
Call Pequot Lakes Community Education at 218-568-9200 to sign up for the 2013-14 GLAPA season.
More information on the individual shows in the season can be found at www.glapa.info.