Six area communities will host the Prelude Series this season as a welcome preview to this year’s Lakes Area Music Festival.
While the 2013 festival features seven concerts in one location — Tornstrom Auditorium, Brainerd — the Prelude Series is a single concert staged in multiple locations. This year’s program will feature wind, string and vocal selections by Bach, Mozart, Schubert and more.
All events are free and open to the public. Dates and locations for the six Prelude Series concerts are:
• Aitkin: 7 p.m. Saturday, July 13, United Methodist Church, 104 Second St. N.W.
• Brainerd: 3 p.m. Sunday, July 14, Trinity Lutheran Church, 1420 S. Sixth St.
• Pequot Lakes: 7 p.m. Sunday, July 14, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 30985 Front St.
• Crosslake: 7 p.m. Friday, July 19, Crosslake Lutheran Church, 35960 County Road 66.
• Deerwood: 3 p.m. Sunday, July 21, Salem Lutheran Church, 21276 Archibald Road.
• Nisswa: 7 p.m. Sunday, July 21, Lutheran Church of the Cross, 5064 County Road 13.
The Lakes Area Music Festival’s fifth season will take place July 28-Aug. 18 featuring some of the country’s leading orchestral and vocal talent. Performances of an eclectic blend of chamber, orchestral and vocal masterpieces will take place at Tornstrom Auditorium, 804 Oak St. in Brainerd.
The festival was founded in 2009 as an enriching music series that has expanded to include the Explore Music! children’s workshop — taking place July 29-Aug. 2 — and a sell-out opera that is slated for Aug. 14.
For more information about the concert schedule, visit www.lakesareamusic.org or follow the organization on Facebook.