Nisswa: Fall Festival, Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge on tap
The 45th annual Nisswa Fall Festival & 13th annual Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge will run all day Saturday, Sept. 15, in downtown Nisswa, featuring the largest rib contest to date with 30 competitors.
First place will win $1,125; second place, $675; and third place, $450. VIP tickets are on sale at the Nisswa Chamber office. Call 218-963-2620 to reserve tickets.
Following is a schedule of events:
• 7:30-11 a.m.: Pancake breakfast under the VIP tent, Pickle Factory parking lot.
• 8 a.m.: Bridges of Hope Run for Hope 5K, 10K and kids run.
• 10 a.m.: Scavenger hunt. Search for the Fall Medallion. Winner gets $100 cash. First clue will be posted at 10 a.m. at A Curated Life; second clue, noon at Nisswa A&W; third clue, 2 p.m. at North Root Studio.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: KIDZONE featuring bounce houses, bounce slides, obstacle course, "money" machine and more along the Paul Bunyan Trail by the Turtle Track. Cost: $5 wristband per child.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Paint Your Own Pottery by Kevin Matthews Pottery in the gazebo.
• Noon-8 p.m.: Beer garden/outdoor whiskey bar in the Pickle Factory parking lot.
• 1-5:30 p.m.: VIP tent and general eating pre-sales to eat BBQ at 4:15 and 4:45 p.m. Tickets will be sold at the chamber tent on City Hall Street.
• 1-3:30 p.m.: Live music by Lisa Wenger on the outdoor stage, Pickle Factory parking lot.
• 1 p.m.: Bean bag tournament with cash payout (ages 14 and older), Pickle Factory parking lot.
• 4 p.m.: Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge judging.
• 4-8 p.m.: Live music by Vintage Raggs on the outdoor stage, Pickle Factory parking lot.
• 4:15 p.m.: Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge VIP seating, eating and judging.
• 4:45 p.m.: Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge general eating and judging.
• 6 p.m.: Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge winners announced.